- Chapter XI: Back to the Foundations, excerpt from Fr. Aidan Nichols' The Theology of Joseph Ratzinger, generously provided by the Christendom-Awake.Org. See here for ordering information.
Articles about Cardinal Ratzinger
- Ratzinger on Christ's Descent into Hell, by Vincent L. Strand. Whosoever Desires September 22nd, 2009.
- Death & Eternal Life According to Ratzinger, by Dr. Art Sippo. New Oxford Review December 2008. (Review of Eschatology: Death and Eternal Life, Second Edition).
- Vatican II and the Ecclesiology of Joseph Ratzinger | The Introduction to Joseph Ratzinger: Life in the Church and Living Theology—Fundamentals of Ecclesiology with Reference to 'Lumen Gentium' | Fr. Maximilian Heinrich Heim
- Joseph Ratzinger's Primer on Ecclesiology - Zenit Interviews Ave Maria University's Father Matthew Lamb on the theme of Cardinal Ratzinger's Called to Communion: Part I ; Part 2. June 23/24, 2005.
- Lutheran Hailed Cardinal Ratzinger as Expert on Luther: Cardinal Invited Protestants to Read Pre-Reformation Writings. Zenit. May 5, 2005.
- Encounters With a Future Pope: A Seminarian Recalls Cardinal Ratzinger's Simplicity. Zenit interview with Brother Benjamin Cieply. May 1, 2005.
- David Schindler on Cardinal Ratzinger's Ecclesiology Interview With Editor of Communio. May 1, 2005.
- Cardinal who will play kingmaker in Rome, by Stephen McGinty and Richard Gray. Scotland on Sunday April 10, 2005.
- Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, the Vatican's doctrinal gatekeeper, by Daniel J. Wakin. The New York Times April 8, 2005.
- Ratzinger's mustard seed, by Spengler. Asia Times Online. April 5, 2005.
- Analysis: Ratzinger in the ascendance, by Uwe Siemon-Netto. UPI Religious Affairs Editor. Washington Times April 2, 2005.
- The Pope and His Two Consuls: Ratzinger & Ruini, by Sandro Magister. www.Chiesa. March 30, 2005.
- Could a Bavarian Become Pope?, DW-World.De (Deutsche Welle) March 10, 2005.
- Rome's Next Choice? - Arch-conservative Cardinal Ratzinger emerges as a possible successor to Pope John Paul II, by Jeff Israely. Time, January 2, 2005.
- Ratzinger on Europe, by James V. Schall, S.J. Homiletic & Pastoral Review January 2005.
- Ratzinger for pope? Commonweal December 17, 2004 / Volume CXXXI, Number 22.
- Strict Prelate Becomes Voice Of the Vatican: Traditionalist Ratzinger Seen as a Possible Pope, by Daniel Williams. Washington Post Foreign Service. Friday, November 5, 2004.
- Ratzinger, feminist?, by Sidney Callahan. Commonweal September 10, 2004 / Volume CXXXI, Number 15.
- The Blunt Hard-Liner at Pope John Paul's Side, by John L. Allen, Jr. Los Angeles Times August 6, 2004.
- Ratzinger-Kerry, Act II. The Well-Tempered Controversy, by Sandro Magister. www.chiesa. July 13, 2004.
- Disputed Questions - Like Salvation Outside of the Church, by Sandro Magister. www.chiesa. July 7, 2003. From Tokyo, "an analysis of one of the most controversial points of John Paul II's pontificate," including Ratzinger's criticism of Assisi 1986 and the rationale for the publication of Dominis Iesus.
- "The Kerry Affair: What Ratzinger Wanted from the American Bishops", by Sandro Magister, which publishes the note: "Worthiness to Receive Holy Communion. General Principles." www.chiesa. July 3, 2004.
- Reading Genesis with Cardinal Ratzinger, by Nicanor Pier Giorgio Austriaco. Homiletic & Pastoral Review December 2003.
- Cardinal Ratzinger meets Fr. Harry of San Francisco.
- "Ratzinger [...] about to leave center stage of this papacy", by John L. Allen. National Catholic Reporter, Sept. 14, 2001.
- Dominus Iesus and Catholic Magisterial Teaching on Jews and Judaism, by Philip A. Cunningham, Center for Christian-Jewish Learning at Boston College. (Focusing chiefly on Dominus Iesus and Ratzinger's Many Religions, One Covenant).
- On Dominus Iesus and The Jews, by Dr. David Berger, Rabbinical Council of America. Delivered at the 17th meeting of the International Catholic-Jewish Liaison Committee, New York, May 1, 2001.
- "Cardinal Ratzinger: The Vatican's Enforcer of the Faith", by John Allen, Jr. National Catholic Reporter. November 17, 2000.
- Cardinal Ratzinger on Liturgical Music, by Michael J. Miller. Homiletic & Pastoral Review July 2000.
- "The Vatican's Enforcer", by John L. Allen, Jr. National Catholic Reporter, April 16, 1999.
- Church as "Mystery" or "People of God", Cardinal Ratzinger Against Much Post-Conciliar Theology on Church. July 26 1999 (ZENIT.ORG).
- Joseph Ratzinger, Christ's Donkey, by Richard John Neuhaus. [First Things, 89 (January 1999)].
- Cardinal Recollections, by Fr. John Jay Hughes. [An article about the early life of Cardinal Ratzinger]. Our Sunday Visitor, Inc., November 8, 1998.
- Cardinal Ratzinger Blames Church Crisis on Liturgical Collapse, by Paul Likoudis. The Wanderer, May 8, 1997. A review of Cardinal Ratzinger's autobiography.
- On Understanding Contemporary Intellectual Movements: Ratzinger and the Modern Mind, by James V. Schall, S. J. Homiletic and Pastoral Review, XCVIII (October, 1997), 6-14.